Second Amendment rights in Oregon are under attack like never before and we need your help to fight back. That’s why we hope you will join us for one of our NRA-ILA Legislative Workshops where you will learn more about the threats to your rights in Oregon and what you can do to help us defeat them.
Next week, your NRA-ILA will be hosting two Grassroots Workshops in Oregon State Senate District 6! We will be in Harrisburg on Wednesday and Springfield on Thursday to discuss current legislation, their potential impact on Oregonians, and what you can do to help stop it. We will also provide information regarding your Second Amendment rights at the national level and NRA-ILA's Oregon State Director will be on hand to answer any questions.
Bashaw Land & Seed
Wednesday, April 24th at 6:30 p.m.
Hilton Garden Inn - Springfield
Thursday, April 25th at 6:30 p.m.
Anti-gun legislators have introduced numerous gun control bills and are eager to move them as soon as possible in order to impose sweeping, California-style gun control in Oregon. Among these bills Senate Bill 978, which would:
- Legalize age discrimination for firearm dealers to allow them to refuse service to young adults for no reason other than being under the age of 21.
- Impose a one-size-fits-all government solution for firearm storage and require them to be made unavailable for self-defense.
- Further victimize gun owners who have suffered a loss or theft of their property with criminal penalties if they fail to follow certain requirements when reporting them, including holding the gun owner strictly liable for the future illegal acts committed by criminals using the stolen firearm.
- End the centuries old practice of home manufacturing firearms for lawful, personal use.
- Allow local governments to create “gun-free zones” in public buildings, colleges, and airports where law-abiding citizens are disarmed and left defenseless against criminals who ignore such arbitrary boundaries
- Increase the fee to apply for a Concealed Handgun License.
Your NRA is calling for every member and Second Amendment supporter to take an active role in standing up for our rights by joining us at one of these free workshops.